Are you looking for a new sensory tray idea? This is a taste safe goo that has just the slimy feel your little one is looking for. You just need a few simple ingredients and you are ready to go!
- ¼ cup Chia seeds
- Food coloring
- 1 ¾ cups Water
- Sealable container
- Toys to play with the goo
- In a sealable container, mix chia seeds, food coloring, and water.
- Cover and refrigerate overnight or for at least 4 hours.
- After refrigerating, uncover and set up the play area. I like to put down waterproof play mat before we play with sensory trays. On nice days, I like to take the sensory tray outside for easier cleanup. I also like to add in toys and tools that my children can use to interact with the sensory tray. In this case, I brought out cups and spoons.
- Your child is ready to play! Sit with them and explore using the different senses! This is taste safe so it’s okay for your little one to give it a try.
Note: This sensory tray can be used a few times before you dispose of it. Since it is food, it will spoil eventually, but you can get a few days of play out of it if you put it back in the fridge covered and add a little extra water as needed.
Tip: The chia seed goo is quite sticky and will stick to your clothes. I have found that it wipes off fairly easily with paper towel.
- Sensory play
- Fine Motor Skills
- Language Development
- Cognitive Development